Cook Time: 11 minutes
Ready In: 21 minutes
1/2 pound chicken cutlets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough (recommended: Pillsbury)
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup green apple, sliced
1/4 cup real bacon bits
2 green onions, sliced
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
- Brush chicken with vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on the grill and cook until done, about 2 minutes per side. When done, slice into 1-inch pieces, reserve.
- Spray a perforated disposable cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully remove pizza dough from can. Unroll dough and place on cookie sheet on the grill. Let cook 2 minutes and turn pizza over.
- Spread BBQ sauce over pizza leaving a 1-inch border. Next, top with mozzarella cheese, diced apples, chicken, and bacon pieces.
- Cover with grill lid and cook 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot, topped with green onions.