5 sticks of butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Put butter in a bowl. Add sugar gradually. Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for several hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough on flour covered board to desired thickness. The thicker the dough, the softer and thicker the cookie. The thinner the dough, the crispier and thinner the cookie.
- Cut out desired shapes and bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 - 375 for 8 to 10 minutes.