1 c vanilla cake mix
1/4 c sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp agave (optional and you can just use all sweetened condensed milk if you don’t have agave on hand)
1.5 to 2 c chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- This mixture should be quite solid and not runny, but not so dry that you can’t mold it into balls. If you find that your mixture is a little too runny, add a touch more cake mix. If it’s a little too dry, add more sweetened condensed milk/agave. I ended up using about 1.25 c of cake mix to get the perfect consistency.
- After you’ve made the dough, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes and then remove and roll into balls.
- After the balls have been made, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes minutes or until well-chilled, ensuring the melted chocolate will adhere and set up properly.
- Melt the chocolate chips, and dip the chilled cake batter balls into melted chocolate. Using parchment paper is a tip I’d recommend when working with melted chocolate. Place truffles in freezer or fridge to set up. Yields: 20 to 30 truffles depending on size preference. Store in refrigerator or freezer.