For the cupcakes:
24 Mint Oreos
Box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place a Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, melted butter, water and eggs. Beat on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl and increase speed to high. Beat for another minute.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.
15 Mint Oreos, crushed completely into superfine crumbs
4 sticks of butter, softened
4 Tablespoons milk
8 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons mint extract
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, milk, and extracts on low speed until smooth and combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low until just mixed. Increase speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes. Add cookie crumbs and beat on low until well combined.
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes and top with an extra Oreo, if desired.