- You will need bread slices. Any type of bread (white, wheat, sourdough, rye, etc.) works great.
- Lay bread pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet; allow a bit of room between pieces to dry properly.
- Bake in a 300 degree F. oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes; about halfway through, turn them over so they dry evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Tear dried bread into smaller pieces and place in your food processor. Whirl until desired coarseness. OR Place dry bread slices in a re-sealable plastic bag, and using your rolling pin or a large drinking glass, roll over the top of the plastic bag and crush bread until desired coarseness. OR Chop with a sharp knife until desired coarseness.
- Store in freezer until use.
Recipes are from friends and family, websites, and backs of boxes. Feel free to try a recipe. I know I will, if I haven't already.