Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
1/2 pound salmon
1 red potato, peeled and chopped
1 shallot, minced
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a small baking dish.
- Place salmon in the prepared baking dish, cover, and bake 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Place potato in a small saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash.
- In a medium bowl, mix salmon, potato, shallot, egg, and bread crumbs. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place the cornflake crumbs in a small bowl. Form the salmon mixture into 1 inch balls, and roll in the cornflakes to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Press the balls into patties, and fry 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.