Serves: 1 loaf
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 mashed bananas (large, ripe)
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
i teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and bananas, mix well.
- Sift flour with baking soda and baking powder.
- Add sifted ingredients, alternately with buttermilk.
- Mix in vanilla and nuts.
- Bake in greased and floured pan at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Test with toothpick to see when done.